Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to install an older version of Jama?

• 1.  How to install an older version of Jama?

Posted 02-05-2019 07:59
    Edited by Anna Henke 02-05-2019 08:09
    Hi,

I am looking for best practices for the following problem to solve:
    In preparation for making the tests for the upcoming necessary upgrades for Ubuntu more effective, we would like to virtualize our current UAT system.
    We prefer a complete fresh installation of a VM over a virtualization of the existing UAT system for several reasons.
    As we are on 8.25.1 with our production system we need the possiblity of installing that version to a fresh Ubuntu.

First question: Is it possible at all to install a non-current version of Jama?
    Second question: If yes, what are the best practices to do so?

I am aware of the listing of regression tested replicated components (https://community.jamasoftware.com/browse/articles/blogviewer?blogkey=b80fc6e4-8bfa-4765-a8a8-60ad06a68782) and I am aware of how to install the admin console with those components, but will the admin console allow me to chose a dedicated, non-current version of Jama?

Looking for answers,
    Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: How to install an older version of Jama?

Posted 02-05-2019 10:35
    Anna:

Hello, hope you are well. Your first question: yes it is possible to install a fresh non-current version of Jama, we can pin it to the version you want during provisioning as the Replicated console will pull up the most recent version. Your second question: you will need to talk to your Jama Account Manager to get more details about how to set this up.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: How to install an older version of Jama?

Posted 02-06-2019 04:22
    Thank you, Chloe, I contacted Janis.

Regards
    Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG