Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Defect raised in JAMA should automatically show as bug in JIRA

• 1.  Defect raised in JAMA should automatically show as bug in JIRA

Posted 01-21-2020 22:46
    I have couple of questions
    1) If suppose test case fails then how to raise it as a defect in JAMA
    2) The defect which is raised in JAMA should show as a bug in JIRA and also it should be tagged to particular user story

Note: Developer team is using only JIRA.

------------------------------
    Amol Ghogale
    Merck
    Bengaluru

• 2.  RE: Defect raised in JAMA should automatically show as bug in JIRA

Posted 01-22-2020 23:25
    Amol, you need an additional tool for it - we go with Tasktop and are very happy with it. But I think there are others options as well.

Regards
    Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 3.  RE: Defect raised in JAMA should automatically show as bug in JIRA

Posted 01-23-2020 09:31
    Same puzzle I am trying to solve.  I am hoping someone may comment on my suggestion here.

If the test case fails, it could mean either a requirement issue or actually the test case itself has an issue.  I am thinking if we create a Problem Report project in JAMA to record all the defects.  Each defects will have fields such as analysis, resolutions, completion status etc.  I would think a defect can be linked to a JIRA task with an assignee to perform the analysis and resolution recommendation.   Once the analysis is done, the assignee will enter the analysis and resolution descriptions in JAMA, establish link to the culprit and send it for Review.  The PR project serves as a PR report for the DER.

The other approach is to use JAMA Change directly to record a defect and its resolution.  This combines a few steps in one and hopefully the DER accepts.

Herman Yih
    Aerovironment