Support

View Only
  • 1.  Wrong relationship type added when using import

Posted 22 days ago
    Edited by Martha Fiske 22 days ago
    Hi,
    We are importing relationships from a csv file to a project in Jama.  The 2 items are in the same project.  The csv file just has 2 rows with a parent documentKey and a child documentKey.

The item types are Software Requirements and Software Unit test case.  The relationship between these 2 item types is "Verified by".

When the import is completed, the relationship type is "Related to".

Has anyone else experienced this?

Note - we are using the import plugin for this.

------------------------------
    Martha Fiske
    Lucid Motors

• 2.  RE: Wrong relationship type added when using import
    Best Answer

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi Martha,

Yep, I've encountered this before.  The relationship import plugin uses the default Relationship Type set within Admin > Relationships and it requires Organization Admin rights to access this.  You need to change the default to the appropriate type based on the relationships you're importing, "Verified by" in your case.  If, in the future, you import more relationships but of a different type you'll need to be sure to change the default again before performing the import.  I still sometimes forget to do this and then have to manually update the relationship type for each item-to-item relationship that got imported.

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

• 3.  RE: Wrong relationship type added when using import

Posted 16 days ago
    Thanks Alex,  That resolve the issue. I am a little surprised Jama would allow the relationship to be a relationship that was did not exist in the settings.

Thanks,
    Martha

Martha Fiske
    Lucid Motors

• 4.  RE: Wrong relationship type added when using import

Posted 14 days ago
    Thanks for your help here, Alex, and I'm glad to hear it resolved the issue, Martha! I wanted to share with you both that we do have this on our radar and will continue to look at ways to improve how relationship types for imported items can be set and modified.

Carly Rossi // she/her
    Community Manager // Jama Software
    Portland, OR