Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Display Picklist Value in List View

• 1.  Display Picklist Value in List View

Posted 25 days ago
    Has anyone found a way to show an associated pick list value in Excel? I have a use case where I would like to export from list view to excel but have the picklist values available, not the text/display field.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

------------------------------
    Jamie Wardlaw
    Lucid Motors

• 2.  RE: Display Picklist Value in List View

Posted 24 days ago
    I'm not aware of a way to do it directly, but you may be able to do it by creating a calculated field that sums only the picklist field you want the value for, and then including that field in the list view

Rafael Medina
    ON Semiconductor

• 3.  RE: Display Picklist Value in List View

Posted 24 days ago
    The value is actually hex or could be considered a string. Intent was to use the value in a downstream tool. I could achieve something using the integer equivalent and post-processing but ideally Jama would allow us to display the value as is. I also added the idea that we extend calculated fields to include strings and hex values. That would be a more flexible implementation. See here

Jamie Wardlaw
    Lucid Motors

• 4.  RE: Display Picklist Value in List View

Posted 24 days ago
    Adding to Rafael's comment... can you add the picklist values from the ValidationData​ worksheet in your Excel export file?

Ander

• 5.  RE: Display Picklist Value in List View

Posted 24 days ago
    I don't think there is a way to do this either, do you have a link or some info on how the excel exports can be configured to include picklist values in the validation data?

Jamie Wardlaw
    Lucid Motors