Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Excluding Rejected Items from Exported Report

• 1.  Excluding Rejected Items from Exported Report

Posted 04-05-2017 06:30
    Hi, I have a question regarding report generation using the Export | Office Templates option.  

Our current method for generating reports is to click on a folder or set of items in the Explorer, then export using a custom Office Template from that view.

I'm wondering if there is a way to exclude items from this report based on status (e.g. I don't want rejected items to be in the report).  I know I could create a filter to pull only non-rejected items, but the problem I'm running into is that the filter method reorders all my items.  I want them to show up in my report in the order they are in the Explorer tree.

Does anyone have insight on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Brian

------------------------------
    Brian Snyder
    ZOLL Medical Corporation - Lifevest

• 2.  RE: Excluding Rejected Items from Exported Report

Posted 04-05-2017 09:58
    Hi Brian,

It is not possible with Word templates to filter upon export.

So back to the filter thing—when you create a filter and choose it to Sort order for results by Heading, is that not order the results according to hierarchy? Or are you needing to sort results by more than one thing?

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Excluding Rejected Items from Exported Report

Posted 04-06-2017 07:34
    Thanks for the reply, Kristina.

I think sorting the filter results by Heading will work for what we're trying to do.  

The other thing I would like to do with the filter is only show items that are in a certain folder / set / component / etc. We had been accomplishing this with the Word export by simply clicking on the folder in the Explorer and exporting from that view.  Is there a way to limit a filter to only look in a given folder or set (without modifying the search criteria in the filter)?

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian Snyder
    ZOLL Medical Corporation - Lifevest

• 4.  RE: Excluding Rejected Items from Exported Report

Posted 04-06-2017 09:58
    Hi Brian,

Okay, yeah, that definitely complicates things (in a bad way). There isn't a way to choose the location a filter is run on, nor is there a way to narrow down (via facets) the results based on location. You would have to update the filter conditions.

Kristina King
    Jama Software