Support

Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP migration

• 1.  LDAP migration

Posted 07-12-2018 11:05
    We are migrating from one LDAP domain to another.  We have gotten so far to have both LDAPs configured in Contour and working.  However, almost all user names are the same in both servers (there are a couple of exceptions).  I cannot create a new user in the new domain because the same name already exists (in the old domain) and I can't delete users (just deactivate).  Is there a way to migrate user accounts from one LDAP domain to another?

------------------------------
    Mark Smith
    Harman Intl.
    Richardson TX

• 2.  RE: LDAP migration

Posted 07-17-2018 17:42
    Hello Mark,
    I apologize for the delay on this issue. I see a support ticket was created to address this, one of our support engineers will get to this as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: LDAP migration

Posted 12-19-2018 11:50
    Seeing a similar issue when migrating data from one test environment to another.  When attempting to synchronize LDAP accounts, I encounter the following error message:

Error synchronizing LDAP users

There was an error synchronizing users with LDAP. No users were synchronized.

Error: A user with that username already exists. Please choose a different username.

I can add new users, but migrated existing users are not shown and I receive the error message when attempting to add a user which exists, but is not shown:
       'Note: A user with that username already exists. Please choose a different username.'

In addition, users and groups do not show up in the User Interface, but all the users show in the User List report.

What are the necessary steps to migrate data and users?

Rob Mottishaw
    ON Semiconductor

• 4.  RE: LDAP migration

Posted 12-20-2018 10:08
    Rob:

This is a question best solved off this public forum and through a ticket with our Support team​. Requires too much sensitive information exchange to help you on the Community.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: LDAP migration

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Chloe,

I'm new to this and need to know what is the protocol for filing a support ticket.  What information do I need to complete this?  Where do I file the ticket?

Thank you,

Rob Mottishaw

• 6.  RE: LDAP migration

Posted 20 days ago
    Rob:

Certainly, first you need to be a Named Support Contact (NSC) to make a ticket. Here is an article: Named Support Contacts Explained which explains this function. You can find a link to the Support Portal at the bottom of the page in the community under: Useful links > Submit a Ticket.

If you are not a NSC for your organization, ask your NSC to make a ticket with yourself CC'd. Also, we allow four named support contacts per instance of Jama, so you can also check with your NSC to see if there is room to add you to the list.  Then that NSC will need to make the add request directly with our Support team with either a ticket or a phone call to your Account Manager.

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR