Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Selecting multiple items for reuse?

• 1.  Selecting multiple items for reuse?

Posted 04-05-2017 10:39
    We have items in 3 different folders, with upstream/downstream links between all 3 folders.

Example:
    Folder 1 contains Item 1 that has a downstream link to Item 2
    Folder 2 contains Item 2 that has a downstream link to Item 3
    Folder 3 contains Item 3

We'd like to reuse all 3 folders, including their links, with all new items (no links back to the current items).

It doesn't look like that's possible - I can only pick one folder for reuse, and even if I pick "Include related items and mirror locations" it will only grab the items from one other folder, not items linked to items in those folders.  In my example, if I reuse Folder 1, and pick "Include related items and mirror locations", it will make me a copy of Item 2, but Item 3 and the link from Item 2 to Item 3 are not copied.

Is there any way to do a "multiple folder" reuse?

Thanks,
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Shearer Cooper
    Nuvectra Corporation (formerly QiG Group)

• 2.  RE: Selecting multiple items for reuse?

Posted 04-05-2017 15:17
    Hi Chris,

Reuse, even when selecting the "Include related items and mirror relationships" option, is not designed to reuse more than one level of relationships or related items (this could cause quite a performance problem).
    If you want all of the items and relationships to be reused, you would need to put them all in the same container, and reuse from that container. Adding Folder 1, 2 & 3 and their contents to a new folder, and then reusing that folder with the "Include related items and mirror relationships" option, would result in Folder 1, 2, 3 and item 1, 2, 3 and their relationships to be reused.

Kristina King
    Jama Software