Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review Center emails

• 1.  Review Center emails

Posted 06-22-2017 08:20
    ​​Is there a document available explaining the different conditions where a moderator of a Review would receive an email about a comment in a Review.  I am looking for a document similar to the "How Different Roles In The Review Center Will Change What Options Are Seen Under The "Tools" Menu" that is currently published Some of users are getting confused on when to receive emails and when not. I understand that all comments in a Review do not generate an email to the moderator but certain option and conditions do.

------------------------------
    John Sarafin

• 2.  RE: Review Center emails

Posted 06-22-2017 14:57
    Hi John,

We have a couple articles that might help in this case...

Kristina King's Blog - Jama Software Community

and https://community.jamasoftware.com/blogs/kristina-king/2017/01/20/email-notifications-users-will-receive-from-the-review-center

Let me know if anything else needs clarification!

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Review Center emails

Posted 06-23-2017 05:54
    Edited by John Sarafin 06-23-2017 05:55
    Thanks for the documents Kristina....the hyperlink this article in the "How Review Center comments work" document is not working.  Listed below is the screen shot.  Is there any way I can view this article.

Comments are categorized in four ways in order to help the Moderator and participants understand the type of feedback provided. They are: CommentQuestionProposed Change and Issue. Details of the four different types of feedback and how to respond to them can be found in this article

Also, I have a question about commenting on an item in a Review....the steps below.  Let say the moderator does NOT have the option to follow items in a review selected.  If an approver\reviewer comments (submits feedback) on an item in a Review, does the moderator receive an email notification?   I say no unless the option to "Follow Item on this page" is selected.  Is this correct?

Commenting on Items within a Review

Select Review and navigate to the Item under Review you would like to comment on, select the Give Feedback icon, add a comment and select Submit Feedback.

John Sarafin

• 4.  RE: Review Center emails

Posted 06-23-2017 11:24
    Hey John,

I fixed the broken link. It should have pointed to Support - Jama Software Community

Regarding your scenario Let say the moderator does NOT have the option to follow items in a review selected. If an approver\reviewer comments (submits feedback) on an item in a Review, does the moderator receive an email notification? I say no unless the option to "Follow Item on this page" is selected. Is this correct?

You are correct. The moderator should receive email notification only if they opted to to follow the item, or if they had commented on that item previously (because commenting automatically causes you to follow it). This assumes, though, that the following (default) options are selected in My Profile: Review Center tab in My Profile

Kristina King
    Jama Software