Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting Items in Copied Project with Relationships to the Original

• 1.  Deleting Items in Copied Project with Relationships to the Original

Posted 01-04-2019 15:31
    Hello JAMA team

We copied some items from Project A to Project B. During the copy, the relationship links between the Items in A and B were maintained by mistake. If I delete a Item in Project B , would that cause me to delete the related items in Project A ?

When I attempt to delete anything in Project B , I get a warning message about deleting all downstream items associated with it. I want to make sure any thing downstream in Project A is not deleted.

Thanks
    Aprajita

------------------------------
    Aprajita Mathur
    Guardant Health

• 2.  RE: Deleting Items in Copied Project with Relationships to the Original

Posted 01-04-2019 16:16
    Aprajita:

Hi there, I am thinking that you used the Reuse functionality to make these copies? If so, do you recall which setting was used, was it:

1.) Include relationships from the source selection:
    or 2.) Include related items and mirror relationships:

If you did option 1, I would not recommend deleting the related item because both Project A and Project B are related to the same item. Deleting it in this scenario would ultimately just delete the item entirely from your instance.

If you did option B, you made copies of both the Project A items and the related items. This option sync's the related items between the two projects as well so, as a precaution I would manually un-sync them and then delete the unwanted related item in your Project B.

You can always restore a deleted item from your Activity Stream widget.

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR