Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Children Items

• 1.  Children Items

Posted 02-15-2017 09:50
    Hi,
    Firstly I have to tell that I am a newbie in Jama so I need help. I have an Excel file that I have exported from Jama which contains all fields: Heading, ID, API ID, Description etc. What my role consists is to add to this file all items that are children of an item and to mark red the items that are no children anymore. I also have to specify where to store the "entry" item for my update. Beside the macro that I have to write, I am unclear how to get the children items and also which ID to put in /items/{id}/children in REST API if I am not in wrong path. Also is it possible to have the name of a specific employee who has added a tag and to export it in my excel file with the other data? (Not only to find out in stream)

------------------------------
    Ana

• 2.  RE: Children Items

Posted 02-15-2017 13:03
    Hi Anastasia,

First, welcome to the community and to using Jama. Second, can I clarify what your goals and needs are?

• Are you going to be writing a script to update items in Jama? or
    • Are you trying to get information out of Jama so that you can update this excel sheet for your records, and if so
      • Are you writing a script to get additional information out of Jama?

To answer your last question, no, you cannot export the name of the person to last update a field or add a tag. The only place this is captured is version history, and there isn't a way to export version history onto the standard Excel export.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Children Items

Posted 02-15-2017 20:56
    Thanks for the reply Kristina. Actually, I would like to try both to understand better and then I can decide what is the best to use.

Ana

Anastasia Bloom

• 4.  RE: Children Items

Posted 02-16-2017 09:20
    Ana,
    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with Jama, though, so I'm not sure what resources to point your towards. I cannot glean if you want to update the hierarchy in Jama (change the children), or if the items have been updated in Jama already but you need them to reflect that in a spreadsheet. Where ultimately are you trying to update and store this information?

Kristina King
    Jama Software