Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Question regarding sync capability on relationship

• 1.  Question regarding sync capability on relationship

Posted 10 days ago
    Dear all,

I am working with JAMA on several items/set of items that are synchronized on different JAMA projects and I should say that I have some troubles when trying to get relationship synchronized..

Let's give a typical example:

Project A1 items list:                                       Project A2 items list:
    A1-items (project A1 specific)                            A2-items (project A1 specific)
    B1 (synced to B2)                   <-synced->         B2 (synced to B1)
    C1 (synced to C2)                  <-synced->         C2 (synced to C1)
    D1 (synced to D2)                  <-synced->         D2 (synced to D1)

In this particular case:
    - A1-items are not synchronized with A2-items
    - A1/B1/C1/D1 can relate to each other (same for A2/B2/C2/D2)
    -B1/C1/D1 are respectively sync-e d with B2/C2/D2 (not only the content can evolve independently, but also the traceability)

What I am trying to get is the following:
    - When using the sync function, I am able to sync the content without any issue,
    - BUT when using the sync function, I am not able to sync the exact same traceability (example1: a new relationship between B1 to C1 could be reproduced between the synced items B2 to C2; example2: a removed relationship between B1 to C1 could be removed between the synced items B2 to C2)
    - And I do not want to have relationship to not sync'ed items in the first project (example: A1 to B1) that is reproduced in the second project (-> A1 to B2)

The only way for me to have the exact same traceability is to re-use the overall B1+C1+D1 group of items (but this is not practical, as the different projects I am working on are advancing in parallel..).

If someone has a way to deal with this, I would be pleased to know it.

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

BR-
    Marc

------------------------------
    Marc E

• 2.  RE: Question regarding sync capability on relationship

Posted 5 days ago
    Hello again everybody,

Please can you tell me if such a solution exists?

Thank you very much for your help,

Regards,
    Marc

marc ettori
    MMSI