Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Filters

• 1.  Filters

Posted 06-13-2019 05:12
    Hello,

I have defined several filters.

If I open Filter 1, I would like to see it with columns ABC visible, however if I open Filter 2 I'd like to see that with columns XYZ

At the moment I seem to have global column setting and it's frustrating to keep having set the column types each time I view a filter?

Many Thanks.

------------------------------
    Andy

• 2.  RE: Filters

Posted 06-13-2019 14:16
    Hi Andy:

This could be a few things, so I have a few questions:

1. Are these filters made across ALL projects?

2. Are these filters private or public?

3. And, which subgroups are these filters categorized under? (you can see the categories this if you click "All" blue arrow)

How your filters are categorized is based on how you set up your filters. Whatever you put in the Match field when you made the filter will categorized the filters under that heading. See below.

All these factors can effect the view, so I look forward to hearing back and perhaps we can figure this all out.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Filters

Posted 06-14-2019 10:31
    Hi Chloe.

To address your questions:

1. Yes these are applied to all projects
    2. ​The filter are public
    3. The filters are only against requirements

Best Regards,

Andy.

Andy

• 4.  RE: Filters

Posted 06-14-2019 13:12
    Andy:

Thank you for this information. If the filters are all against Requirements then, a universal view will be enforced amongst all the filters in the Requirements category. So whatever you change one filter view to, that will apply to all the rest in that group. I think this is what you are running into.

You might be able to play around with the filters and see if you can match against another parameter yet get the same results. You can then change this view to the XYZ (instead of ABC) without it changing everything else.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Filters

Posted 06-17-2019 03:38

Hi Chloe,

Ok thanks I understand.  I'm thinking of just having a generic view and then use the office reports to get more customised export.

Best Regards,

Andy.

Andy