Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Help with Floating License Usage Chart

• 1.  Help with Floating License Usage Chart

Posted 05-02-2019 12:07
    I read the "Monitoring Floating License Usage" post, https://community.jamasoftware.com/blogs/steve-gotsch/2018/10/03/monitoring-float-license-usage, and I'm not clear on something.  In the screenshot below I'm looking at the hourly view for a particular day and at 1pm we had 3 people denied access because floaters weren't available but the number of licenses showing used is below our total floating license count.  Is the floating license count showing for each hour the total number in use at that exact hour rather than the maximum reached for the 60 min leading up to that hour?  Also, what time frame is the denied number count being pulled from?  Were those 3 denials I'm seeing between 12pm-1pm?

Floating License Usage screenshot
    Thanks for any clarification that can be provided.​

------------------------------
    Alex F
    WA

• 2.  RE: Help with Floating License Usage Chart

Posted 05-03-2019 10:37
    Alex:

This report is a bit confusing for everyone, let's see if I can add a few clarifying tid-bits. The chart bars are a snap shot of users (categorized by license type) logged in at different time intervals, in this case; every hour. So, sometimes it doesn't capture ALL the people who were logged in between the consecutive "snap shots". Therefore, the visual chart is much more of an approximate value rather than an exact one.

Hope this clarifies things for you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Help with Floating License Usage Chart

Posted 05-03-2019 19:17
    Thanks for getting back to me on this, Chloe.  I'll keep in mind it's more approximate than exact.

Alex Frain
    WA

• 4.  RE: Help with Floating License Usage Chart

Posted 05-05-2019 13:46
    Alex,

So happy to help!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR