Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Chain of approving and informing

• 1.  Chain of approving and informing

Posted 23 days ago
    Hi,
    this time I would like to ask fellow Jama users (why not Jama staff as well), how does your chain of accepting go in Jama? How do you inform next of chain to approve something, like a test plan? I would like to see real examples of your flow diagrams :) I am pretty sure that the flow I have designed is not the best :D

We are not using eletronic signature atm, is everyone else? What other ways there are to mark up i.e. approving?

Happy weekend everyone :)

------------------------------
    Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 2.  RE: Chain of approving and informing

Posted 20 days ago
    Hello Mari,

I try to get the Approval inside the Jama Review functionality.
    I put in there one or two persons with the role "Approver" and their approval inside the review is reflected 1:1 into the ItemsStatus that is set to Approved when the Review is finished.

What is your approach?

Rene W.

• 3.  RE: Chain of approving and informing

Posted 18 days ago
    Thanks for your answer Rene!

I try to explain our process. After the testing Quality approves executed test plans and they want very special information about test plans. So I (or some other user who finishes test plan) run a custom report for Quality, they sign their approval to test plan (I have set up a field to Overview-tab) and then there will be a another report for product owners with the approvers names. Confusing, don't you think?

Reviews would be a good way to go, if I knew how to send this custom report to review.

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland