Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Controlling Text appearance when exporting to Word Templates

• 1.  Controlling Text appearance when exporting to Word Templates

Posted 12-22-2017 09:27
    I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate the format of text when I export to a MS Word template.
    Specifically, I would like to normalize test to a specific format (i.e. Same font size etc.).

I am finding that as we evolve our specs etc. sometimes users will use a different font size. This difference doesn't seem to be apparent when viewing the content but is when you export....as shown below. When exporting, I would like to force normalization to a specific format. Is that possible?

Time Remaining

IVX_INF_TIME_REMAINING

The time in minutes, calculated by the pump until time (or volume) for this programmed infusion elapses.

Elapsed Time

IVX_INF_ELAPSED_TIME

The time in minutes, that has elapsed since the infusion was started.

Within our environment

------------------------------
    Bob Hunt

• 2.  RE: Controlling Text appearance when exporting to Word Templates

Posted 12-22-2017 14:48
    Edited by Kristina King 12-22-2017 14:48
    Hi @Bob,

Good question, and definitely a common issue. There isn't a way within the mail merge functionality of the templates themselves to enforce a typeface or size upon export. However, you can use a macro in Word to standardize the formatting of a document once you open it in Word. One of our consultants, Adrian, presented a session on getting info in & out of Jama, and one of the things he covered was a macro for fixing fonts (and image size). You can watch that session and access the macro in this post.

Kristina King
    Jama Software