Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Storing data structures in Jama

• 1.  Storing data structures in Jama

Posted 30 days ago
    I am somewhat new to Jama.  Sorry, I apologize if this question is already answered.

I understand that I can put an item of another type as a field in an item type.  However, I would like to have a set of items as a field in an item type.  Basically a list in python or a vector in C++.  I know I can put a set of items into a component, but I don't know how I can do this for an item.

------------------------------
    David Fann
    Center for Medical Interoperability

• 2.  RE: Storing data structures in Jama

Posted 27 days ago
    David:

I am guessing that you are referring to the "Item Of Type" custom field? Which allows you to reference items of another type in an item. (This does not create a relationship between items however.) You are correct you cannot add a whole set of items to this one field, but you could add as many of this field to your item as needed (give them unique field names).

If you are wanting less clutter, you could also add a URL custom field to your item and then add the URL of the set of items(code) to the item.

Or, if you didn't need this to be a "field" you could always link this URL in the item too.

See below for an example of the three ways you could do this:

David, what do you think?

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR