Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

• 1.  How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

Posted 14 days ago
    One of our testers has a few synchronized items in his project that are showing as Out of Sync, but none of the synchronized fields are different. Is the Out of Sync state determined by looking at synchronized fields, or all fields?

I checked the documentation and the best I could find was the line below, but it doesn't specify what fields it cares about.

"Synchronization monitors for differences between reused items and containers. When differences exist, users have the option to update the data for those items or containers."

------------------------------
    Andrew Muhs
    Electronic Theatre Controls

• 2.  RE: How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

Posted 14 days ago

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out! I am wondering if it is detecting changes in something not easily detected at first glance.

Can you ask the tester to check for edits to the HTML source for the description of both documents and see if there are differences?

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

Posted 13 days ago
    Hi  Decoteau,

I did a diff of the description HTML for two of the test cases showing out of sync and they are identical.

Andrew Muhs
    Electronic Theatre Controls

• 4.  RE: How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this update. At this point, we'd like to take a closer look at what is causing this Out of Sync state by opening a Support ticket. 

Can you please submit a ticket and provide a link of this thread for reference? We would also like to see screen shots of the areas you're referring to for a closer look. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 5.  RE: How is "Out of Sync" status determined?

Posted 6 days ago

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for opening that Support ticket. 

To briefly recap, we saw that one of the items having a different amount of subitems prevented the sync from working properly. After moving the item elsewhere, the sync was back up.

Please reach out if we can offer further support.

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR