Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Velocity & Baselines

• 1.  Velocity & Baselines

Posted 01-31-2019 12:29
    I would like to write a report that exports baseline information and set attributes from a baseline to excel.  I can use a report parameter to access the baseline but I'm struggling to access the list of documents in the baseline to loop through and export.  Is there documentation to help me understand how to do this or better still example velocity code?

Thank you for your help.

------------------------------
    Scott Rocca
    Collins Aerospace
    Malvern

• 2.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-01-2019 12:56
    Hi Scott -
    If you have access to either of the Baseline Comparison Reports that come with your Jama instance, they have code that can help you get the information you need. If you have an on prem instance, you can go to Admin > Reports, find one of the reports, go to Edit File and copy the code that appears in the window. Paste that code to a different Text editor and you can look at the code and see if you can find the information you need. If you are a hosted customer (the url to your instance has .jamacloud in it), you can ask Customer Care to help you with that.

Shawnna Williams
    Professional Services Engineer

Shawnna Williams
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 09:15

Shawnna

Thanks.  I've tried you suggestion but it hasn't helped me because I can't wrap my head around the data access objects.  Is there something (not the online documentation) which could help explain the or give a simple example?

Thank you for your help

Scott

• 4.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-03-2019 14:07
    It is possible to export a baseline when seeing a baseline in tabular view/List view. The visible attributes can changed by configure view.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 5.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 09:12

Harald

Thank you.  I'm aware of the export.  What I want to do is have a standard report that forces selection of the baseline and outputs in a standard format (some of the fields are formatted and concatenated).  This is for standard reports, which inexperienced users can run and I can be sure they exported a baseline.  I due course this would be extended to be in corporate report format so as to speed up the production of standard documents. 

I've had a look at the baseline comparison reports and can not readily get my head around how you access the baseline.  I was looking for something simple and analogous to the documentlist in context sensitive reports.  I'm pretty sure I could work it out given time, but I was looking for an example or something to help me understand the underlying data structure and how to access it. 

Thank you for any help

Scott

• 6.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 09:27
    Hi Scott,
    do you have context sensitive velocity reports? Reports started with the result of a filter?

In case this provides the output you need, then try this with an open baseline in tabular view.

regards
    Harald

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 7.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 09:45

Harald

I guess I should explain what I'm trying to achieve to give you the full context:  a compliance matrix that reports the baseline it was generated from.  I've tried a number of approaches and always seem to hit a problem:

1.       Word Template:  works great (gives me the baseline) but each row in the matrix is separated by a carriage return (that word doesn't recognize for global replacement).  I've raised a support case for this and it seems to be a bug.

2.       Context Sensitive Velocity report: table is generated nicely but I can not find a way to output the context (the baseline) in the report.  Reading into this I couldn't find anyone who knows how to do this. 

3.       Report using parameters: The baseline is selected as a parameter, great.  I can't figure out how to access the baseline objects.

Options 1 & 2 seem closed to me from what I read.  I'm on option 3 and hoping this solves it because it seems to be down to my lack of understanding.  I was struggling last Friday and decided to reach out for help.  A solution to any of them would be wonderful.

Hope that helps

Thank you for your help.

Scott

• 8.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 10:23
    @Harald Thank you for stepping in with your expertise here! Just for reference, here is @Scott other thread: Extra Carriage Runs.​​

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 9.  RE: Velocity & Baselines

Posted 02-04-2019 13:03
    Hi Scott -
    If you want to run this as a context-sensitive report, you can set it up as one - which means you would be able to spin through the documentList object to print things out. This is possible if you go to your Baseline in Jama, then view the items in the Baseline. Then your report would be accessible from the Export > Office Templates menu and the documentList object would be the items in the baseline. This might be easier for you, but the only downside would be that you won't have any information about the Baseline itself - you will only have the baseline items. (Of course a way around this is to still have the baseline parameter, then get the baseline object if you need those properties).

Does that help?

Shawnna Williams
    Jama Software