Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Loosing comments in Review

• 1.  Loosing comments in Review

Posted 07-04-2018 12:30
    We are finding that for a majority of users when they highlight text and add a comment as part of their review, when anyone goes back to the review the comments are no longer linked to the text.

This is causing a lot of problems as there is no context for the comments anymore.  We've had to resort to walking through through the requirements line by line as the review process does not work.

I have tried to search to see if others have had this problem, but there are so many messages returned it is difficult to of through them all.

------------------------------
    Dean Matthews

• 2.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 07-06-2018 12:41
    Hi Dean:

Just wanted to let you know that I am looking into your concern. To better help me to research, could you confirm your version of Jama?

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 07-06-2018 12:50
    We are using 8.27.0

Dean Matthews

• 4.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 07-06-2018 14:24
    We have the same problem and I have been told its a known defect in Jama but I agree, highlighting is very helpful in reviews and when you lose them, it is very difficult to tie back to the proper requirement. We were advised to turn off the highlighting function in the review center.

Diana Berrios
    Alight

• 5.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 07-06-2018 14:56
    Yes, thank you Diane!

Dean, this is a known bug. The workaround is what Diane said, to turn off the highlighting function in the Review Center. I have attached your company to bug SOS-DEF-2537 in our internal system. You can check future release notes for this ID to see if this bug has been fixed.

If you have any questions about our bug fixing process, I recommend reading this article in our community about Jama's bug fixing process.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 6.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 03-06-2019 04:54
    Hi,
    can you please update me on the status of this issue ?

thanks

Joanna Taimeh

• 7.  RE: Loosing comments in Review

Posted 03-06-2019 11:20
    Joanna:

We are currently tracking this bug through the development stages. There were no current notes on this defect, so I have no new knowledge to add about the current status.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR