Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review test plan

• 1.  Review test plan

Posted 02-14-2017 01:01

In our project there is a test run that was successfully completed. 

Is there a way to set up a workflow for someone to review and approve this executed test run (in review center)? 
    We would like for a technical reviewer to approve each executed test case so they may be reviewed for accuracy.

Thanks,
    Sawsan

------------------------------
    Sawsan Abusharkh

• 2.  RE: Review test plan

Posted 02-14-2017 11:33
    Hi Sawsan,

Test Runs are an interesting sort of item type, and you will occasionally run into limitations; in this case, you cannot use any sort of Workflow with them.

There is not an automated way to send Test Runs to the Review Center. What I recommend is adding a custom field to the Test Run type, such as "Review Status," with values such as "Unexecuted" "Ready for Review" and "Reviewed." You would have to train users to update this field after executing the test run. You could then build a filter for Test Runs with the Ready for Review status and then send the filter results to review.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Review test plan

Posted 02-15-2017 00:50
    Hi Kristina,

Actually that's what I did, I created filter for all passed Test Runs, and send them to Review Center.

The Idea of adding custom field is perfect, I will propose this solution to our team. 

Thanks for the reply, it is very helpful.

Have a nice day,
    Sawsan

Sawsan Abusharkh