Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Import to a custom item type with a multi select field

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Import to a custom item type with a multi select field

Posted 08-05-2021 05:18
    Good morning, 

How do I import data to a multi select field?  Would the comma separated in the Excel cell for the field work?  The pick list is already created in Jama.  Thanks,

------------------------------
    Khuemy Nguyen
    Soliel
    Vienna VA

• 2.  RE: Import to a custom item type with a multi select field
    Best Answer

Posted 08-06-2021 08:31
    Comma separated should do the trick.  I just did a roundtrip export of some items that include a multiselect field and the results are comma separated for that field if there were multiple values (no space after the commas).

Alex
    Fujifilm Sonosite

• 3.  RE: Import to a custom item type with a multi select field

Posted 08-06-2021 08:42
    Hi All,

Alex's answer is correct! When importing more than one value into a multi-select field, separate the values with commas (no spaces) in the field's cell, ensuring the values match those in the picklist.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 4.  RE: Import to a custom item type with a multi select field

Posted 12 days ago
    what if the value itself has commas, then what?  Because I inherited some Multi select fields and currently I can't seem to be able to import  values into fields that are Multi select, even if I only use one value from the list.   Pick lists seem to work fine when using an Excel sheet to import values into them.  But they don't work for Multi Select fields.  I am attaching an example of an Excel sheet that I am using to import some items which contain a field "Potential Effect of Failure" that is a Multi Select type.  You can see the format of of some of the values for the Multi select as well

Manuel Yanez
    Procept Biorobotics
    CA

Attachment(s)