Support

Expand all | Collapse all

"Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

• 1.  "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 02-27-2017 04:00
    Hi,

it seems as if the setting "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" prevents deletion even for users with adminstrative rights.
    Can someone confirm it?
    We can reproduce this in 8.4 and 8.10.

Thank you,
    Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 02-27-2017 10:56

Hi Anna,

I just tested this in 8.10.2 and 8.13 and was not able to reproduce the problem. I tried the following:
    1. Disabling "Allow Non-Administrators..." and having an admin delete a container: successful
    2. Enabling "Allow Non-Administrators" and having an admin delete a container: successful
    3. Enabling "Allow Non-Administrators" and having a regular user delete a container: successful

So a few questions...
    Did you try this on 8.10 or 8.10.2? I wonder if there is a difference there.
    What type of items/containers did you try to delete as an admin and were not able to? 
    What happened when, as an admin, you attempted to delete? Did you get an error?

Thanks!

Kristina

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 02-28-2017 00:19
    Hi Kristina,

I tested it on 8.4.2 and 8.10.2
    The effect is the same - regardless of where I try to delete from.
    The option to delete is simply not available when right-clicking on a set or item. I have attached two images showing what it looks like for me as a user with adminsitrative privileges - with setting enabled and disabled.

Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers: No
    Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers: Yes

The effect via the Actions menu of an item is the same - the "Delete" option is there or not.
    I am not aware of any other possibilites to delete items.

Anna

Anna Henke

• 4.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 02-28-2017 13:27

Hi Anna,

Thanks for responding to my questions and providing screenshots. Since I cannot reproduce this, I am curious if there are some permissions issues at hand here. When you look at Admin > Permissions, is the syngo.BreastCare project nested under any folders? If the folder has permissions overridden for specific groups, and you belong to groups other than Org Admin, it could cause this issue, for instance.

At any rate, if you could share your permissions with me we can go from there. If nothing is obvious to you, though, we may have to pivot this issue to a ticket and dig deeper into it, as this is not a universal issue.

Thanks!

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 02-28-2017 14:30

Hi Anna,

Thanks for responding to my questions and providing screenshots. Since I cannot reproduce this, I am curious if there are some permissions issues at hand here. When you look at Admin > Permissions, is the project in question nested under any folders? If the folder has permissions overridden for specific groups, and you belong to groups other than Org Admin, it could cause this issue, for instance.

At any rate, if you could share your permissions with me we can go from there. If nothing is obvious to you, though, we may have to pivot this issue to a ticket and dig deeper into it, as this is not a universal issue.

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 03-01-2017 01:14
    Hi Kristina,

the organization admins have the "Administrator" privilege on the organization level - and it's being inherited downwards.
    Ekaterina has opened a ticket now, because I don't want to share our permissions in the forum publicly, as the screenshot would contain project names and so on.

Thank you,
    Anna

Anna Henke

• 7.  RE: "Allow Non-Administrators To Delete Items/Containers" not working as expected

Posted 03-01-2017 10:04
    Good plan. Thanks!

Kristina King
    Jama Software