Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Calculated Date Fields

• 1.  Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-13-2019 04:15

Hello,

I have the situation where a user can set a field on a requirement and this triggers some other software to replicate that requirement within a JIRA project.

This works well.

I'm now trying to solve a problem where I want to be able to identify objects in JIRA which are no longer being controlled from JAMA.  Essentially where a user in JAMA might set this export field to 'JIRA-ABC' one day, this results in a replicated requirement in JIRA project ABC, but then subsequently changing this field to JIRA-XYZ, resulting in a new replicated requirement in JIRA project XYZ.

I want to be able to identify the requirement in JIRA project ABC.

After some thought I think I can achieve this by having a field on my JAMA requirements which is always the current date / time.  I would then be able to sync this across to JIRA and I could achieve my goal by simply querying objects where this field is not within a few minutes of current date and time.

My problem is that I cannot see a way to include this date field and have it auto populated?  Is this achievable please?

------------------------------
    Andy

• 2.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-13-2019 11:43
    Andy:

A couple of questions:

What version of Jama are you using? And are you using Tasktop or OpsHub?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-13-2019 13:24
    Hi Chloe - I'm using Jama Connect 8.31.2 and Tasktop.​

Andy

• 4.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-14-2019 16:46
    Hi Andy,

You could add the "ModifiedDate" field to the Jama item and have Tasktop sync it to a field in Jira. This would let you know when the field was changed to JIRA-ABC in Jama when you look at the items in Jira.

Hope this helps,

Jason Ritz
    Jama Software
    OR

• 5.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-17-2019 03:36

Hi Jason,

I think this could only work if the objects in Jama were subjected to regular updates.  The reality is they might only be updated periodically.

I suppose this could be overcome by doing a bulk update once in while which would update the modified value of all artefacts.  Is there a quick and easy to do this?

Thanks,

Andy.

Andy

• 6.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-17-2019 11:35
    Andy:

There is a batch update option within the list view: Batch Update Items.
    You can also manually update items within the list view: Edit Items In The List View.
    Note: You cannot batch update rich text fields and you cannot use this method to batch update test runs.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Calculated Date Fields

Posted 06-18-2019 04:15
    Hi Chloe,

Ah perfect.  I didn't know about that batch edit feature.  That will work perfectly.​

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Andy.

Andy