Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Test Run - Status "Pass with Error" for Test Run without Steps

• 1.  Test Run - Status "Pass with Error" for Test Run without Steps

Posted 30 days ago
    ​​Hi,
    Some of our Test cases were formulated without Steps. As such their associated Test runs also come without Steps.
    By Test Execution, the tester has found a bug and set the result to failed.
    Afterwards, the bug was reviewed. It was accepted by product Manager. The test result shall be set to "Pass with Error".

Can the tester give a test run without steps Status "Pass with Error"?

Thanks for the Feedbacks.

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Test Run - Status "Pass with Error" for Test Run without Steps

Posted 26 days ago
    Lien:

When testing this in my instance, I updated some of my Test Cases without Steps. When I made this change the status was limited to "Fail" or "Pass". I am sure this is what you have discovered as well, as you know manipulating Test Center items are very limited.

Lien, the workaround I was able to find was: create a blank Step in the Test Case, then the status of "Pass with Error" was once again available for use. Let me know if this could work for you?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Test Run - Status "Pass with Error" for Test Run without Steps

Posted 26 days ago

Hi Chloe,

For the new written Test Cases, they should have at least a blank step.

Question: can I set the Steps as required or by default a blank step shall be added by creating a test cases?

For the existing test, the workaround could not really work for us. In our organisation, all the Test cases must be reviewed and approved with system locked. Then they can be used in the Testing.

The decision "Pass with Error" shall be made at the bug evaluation. The Bug was documented by Log a defect during an execution of a test run.

So during the bug evaluation, the decision "Pass with error" is made, das Team needs to set the status of test cases back to draft and add the blank Step and  then reviewed, approved, then Update a test run then run again.... That's what I mean, the workaround could not really work for us.

Can we have "Pass with Error" Option also for the test case without steps as a feature request?

Lien