Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Editing an item during review

• 1.  Editing an item during review

Posted 01-17-2019 04:34
    Edited by Mari Leipola 01-21-2019 05:42
    Hi folks!

1) A question from one of our key users: this users role is mainly to approve test cases in reviews. Sometimes the case is that they would like to make some small changes to items themselves. I know that a moderator can edit item during review and Jama asks then, if the new version will be published. But if approver wants to change something, is there any quick way to get a new version or do they have to ask moderator to update review?

2) Another thing: will the moderator get a notification, if approver rejects review and asks for a revision?

3) One more: Is it possible to make adjustments to the email notification base that notifys approvers of review? I know that one can make changes to every message while creating reviews, but it would be good to have one sentence added to all of our review messages (it's about web browser).

4) One more for the cheap seats in the back: I assumed that if I comment something in review by highlighting a part of text, moderator would see the highlighted part. But it seems that comments appear in list underneath reviewed item and it is hard to know, which part of the text they are referring. Is this a bug or a problem with views or what? I just got an update from a user who reported this: they were in edit mode and that's why they couldn't see highlighted parts. Nevermind and thanks!

5) I'm sorry that my questions come one at a time, but here goes the next one: If there is a component in review and some of the items are approved and some are not, what happens if review workflow is used?

Edit: I added numbers to my questions, if it helps :)

------------------------------
    Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 2.  RE: Editing an item during review

Posted 01-22-2019 11:59
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 01-22-2019 13:17
    Hi Mari,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! You have some good questions here:

1.) The approver will have to ask the moderator to update the review. Only a Moderator or Review Administrator can modify a review in progress: Modify A Review - User Guide

2.) Yes, the approver can make their request in the form of a comment in the Final Comments box at the end. How Review Center Comments Work

3.) It might be possible, if you are using a Self-Hosted version of Jama and you know how to work with Velocity templates, but complicated and unsupported. Here is an article outlining that process: What do Jama Software's Email Notification Templates Do? How Can The Email Templates Be Edited?

What adjustments are you wanting to make? I am wondering if there might be an easier and more direct solution.

4.) Sounds like you got this one figured out.

5.) You can commit to using the Review Workflow, but most do not commit to this because you have to choose to only use Review Workflow for your whole project. The project workflow and reviews workflow are not compatible to use at the same time: Reviews Workflow - User Guide

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Editing an item during review

Posted 01-23-2019 03:55
    Edited by Mari Leipola 01-23-2019 03:56
    Thanks again Chloe!

I would like to return to my question number 4, as it seems that this is still happening. Are there some factors that affect, whether highlighted texts are shown or not? I made a test review and highlighted some parts of texts to comment stuff and the highlighted parts were shown as hyperlinks and I could see comments. But in some cases there are no hyperlinks in the text although approver has made comments using highlights.
    I can't give you any print screen since these are real items and this behavior doesn't happen in my test reviews.

This is maybe way too wide question to ask, but I would like to ask how do people operate with reviews, when they need to have items approved? Does everyone use project workflow? How does your approving process move on?

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 4.  RE: Editing an item during review

Posted 01-23-2019 11:56
    Mari:

Thank you for confirming that the highlights are more of an issue than perceived earlier. Yes, this sounds like a known bug we are currently working to correct with the Review Center highlights. The problem is intermittent, does not effect any particular user profile and we cannot scope it down to any particular user behavior.

The bug in question is: SOS-DEF-2537 Review Center: Highlights disappear after editing an item but before new revision is published.

I have enclosed this defect key so that you can cross reference it with our Release Notes in the community to see when we get this defect fixed. I will attach this Community thread to our internal system.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR