Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama Relationships Modification

• 1.  Jama Relationships Modification

Posted 11-21-2019 08:19
    Hello!

I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a way to undo a bulk import in Jama, or if there is a way to reset the relationships of items from a bulk import.

Recently someone on our team used the Jama relationship custom importer to add upstream/downstream relationships to some requirements. Unfortunately, she got misaligned at some point on the import spreadsheet so about half the relationships are wrong. Can I easily remove all relationships in the project so we can do a fresh import?

If not, do you have any other suggestions beyond manually modifying each relationship?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Ben Sumnicht
    Plexus
    Neenah WI

• 2.  RE: Jama Relationships Modification

Posted 11-21-2019 10:09
    Hi Ben:

You can modify each relationship individually or you could use the same Jama relationship plug-in to reverse engineer the problem. Either way, this is a bit of a "manual" job, unfortunately.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Jama Relationships Modification

Posted 11-22-2019 08:45
    Hi Chloe,

Just out of my own curiosity could you elaborate more on using the plug-in to reverse engineer the problem?  Can it be used to remove relationships?

Thanks,

Alex
    FujiFilm SonoSite

• 4.  RE: Jama Relationships Modification

Posted 11-22-2019 10:49
    Hi Alex

It would basically let you use Excel to enter the upstream and downstream Item IDs into two columns within a CSV file and then import that to create those relationships as needed. You can learn more about this option
     here. Hope this helps clarify the plugin a bit more, let us know if you need anymore info.

Godiva Hunt

• 5.  RE: Jama Relationships Modification

Posted 11-25-2019 09:02
    Thanks, Godiva.  I've used the plug-in a handful of times to create relationships in bulk but I just wasn't sure what Chloe meant in using the plug-in to "reverse engineer" the problem that Ben described.  In the end I'm guessing they'd have to use the plug-in again to create the correct relationships but are stuck manually removing the incorrect relationships.

Alex
    FujiFilm SonoSite