Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Excel Import

• 1.  Excel Import

Posted 11-18-2019 08:54
    I am new to Jama and I am having a hard time uploading requirements using an excel file. The first round of requirements uploaded just fine but the second document which is the same format cut off the second half of the requirements. I tried it again and it added a few more but not the whole thing. And when i tried a third time it made no additions. How can I fix this issue?

I am using Jama Connect 8.36.0

------------------------------
    Katie Douglas
    General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.

• 2.  RE: Excel Import

Posted 11-18-2019 15:13
    Hi Katie:

When you look at the second document, does it have fields in it which are a "picklist"? Sounds like you have each of the requirements showing up but certain fields are not showing up? Could you take a look at those (not showing up) and determine which kind of field or fields they are? Once we determine this, we need to check and see if they are they mapped correctly. A particular type of field which is easy to map incorrectly are the Picklist fields, (many moving parts) which is why I point it out.

Here is a link showing this from our User Guide: Pick List in Excel Imports. I'm pointing this out in particular because it must match exactly.

Katie, let's start there and see if we can rule that out.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR