Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-27-2020 14:40
    Hi,

I currently have the following:

A component which has a set of stakeholder requirements. This last one has several stakeholder requirements inside.

I have been trying to link the stakeholder requirements with the Set of stakeholder requirements, so that they have a relationship between them. But it wasn't possible, Jama doesn't let me create a relationship between them.

I was trying to have a relationship between them, since my ultimate goal is to have on the trace view:
    On the upstream level the name of the set of stakeholder requirements;
    On the downstream level the name of each stakeholder requirement that belongs to that set.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Regards,

------------------------------
    Diego

• 2.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements
    Best Answer

Posted 10-28-2020 04:41
    Hi Diego,
    I do not know whether I get it right (I don't use the trace view so far - I have my own reports). You want to set a relationship between some items and a set?
    As far as I know it is not allowed to set a relationship with containers (component, set, folder). There is an exception, but it is a bug -> see https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a6769227-3823-4675-9799-277782b08916&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer#bma6769227-3823-4675-9799-277782b08916
    As workaround, just set an item of the same type as root with the set as parent.
    Best,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 3.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-28-2020 05:22
    Edited by Diego 10-28-2020 05:23
    Hi,

I try to relate the stakeholder requirement which is now inside a subcomponent and I get the following message: "Invalid".
    I assume it is because the bug was fixed? Or, I am not doing the right thing...

Diego

• 4.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-28-2020 09:21
    Hi Diego,
    The defect has not been fixed, and it looks like it may not be due to the complications it could introduce.
    To Alessandro's point, though, the intended behavior is to disallow creating relationships to or from any type of container. We recommend not doing this with Components since it is not intended to function. I like his suggestion of "As workaround, just set an item of the same type as root with the set as parent," because you can nest items of the same type, so you could have one requirement at the top level and all the rest nest underneath, and make relationships as needed.

Kristina King Manager, Technical Support
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-28-2020 10:27
    Edited by Diego 10-28-2020 10:27
    Hi,

Thank you!
    I would just like to clarify "just set an item of the same type as root with the set as parent". How do you set a set of stakeholder requirement as parent & how do you set the stakeholder requirement inside the set as root? I do not see any options for it...

Diego Negron

• 6.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-29-2020 01:22
    Hi Diego,

just go to the explore, select the desired set , click on add and select the item type "typed" by the set.
    After that, you can manually set relationships (downstream from the newly created item) via Relationships widget.

Best,
    Alessandro

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 7.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 10-30-2020 06:17
    Edited by Diego 10-30-2020 06:17
    Hi,

I click on the set of stakeholder requirements. Then, add-->new item--> And I don't see a "typed" option....
    I only get the following options: stakeholder requirements, folder and text.
    See the image attached.

Thanks,

Diego Negron

• 8.  RE: Upstream relationship inside set of Stakeholder Requirements

Posted 11-01-2020 23:52
    I mean Stakeholder Requirement in your case, or better, the desired item type (no text, no folder)

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG