Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Uploading from Excel

• 1.  Uploading from Excel

Posted 01-22-2020 10:37
    ​​We are going to upload a number of requirements from Excel to Jama.  We have a folder structure in Jama that has sort of been duplicated in Excel.  One of the spreadsheet columns is the "ID" of the line item which has the form AS_2-FLD-xxxx where xxxx is a unique Jama assigned number.  Rows in the spreadsheet with that form of ID are folder names in Jama.   Requirements are populated in Excel rows under the folder names.  They have the ID for AS_2-L2-xxxx.  So in the Excel the folder names and requirements have distinct ID forms.

When we upload the Excel file to Jama it puts all the requirements under the Set Of L2 Requirements item and does not distribute them to the appropriate folders.  Question is, can we set up the spreadsheet and Jama to load the requirements into the appropriate folder?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Art Stone
    Boeing
    714-580-9042

• 2.  RE: Uploading from Excel

Posted 01-22-2020 13:43
    Hi Art:

I was looking this up and it looks like, when using the Import wizard, you can determine an initial location in the Explorer tree to start the import and you can create a new hierarchy using strategic headers and indents. But, I could not see away to map different items to different locations/folders in the current Explorer tree.

Art, I added a couple of links to this information, let me know if you come up with any other questions/ideas!

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR