Support

Expand all | Collapse all

"Releases" where used

• 1.  "Releases" where used

Posted 10-25-2018 11:58

I wish to remove the "Release" field from a certain Item; and I want to make sure that it's not being used anywhere in the company. However I have searched in vain for a way to determine if/where the "Release" Field is being used.

• I tried/failed to create a filter that would show me (across all projects) which items, or which projects had a release.
    I could go into each project and look by hand – but that's dozens of projects and will be time consuming.
    Thank you!

------------------------------
    Neil
    Olympus Corp. of the Americas

• 2.  RE: "Releases" where used

Posted 10-25-2018 18:11
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 10-25-2018 18:11
    Neil:

You mention that you need to take the "Release" field out of a "certain item" which I am interpreting to mean a "particular item-type"? If this sounds accurate, have you attempted to just do an Advanced Filter search for that particular item-type across all projects? We apply individual fields per item-type so, you probably only need to:

1.) Search that item-type across all projects (I just did the "Subsystem Requirements" you would use whatever item-type you are looking at and then searched for "Name" "is not empty" to capture all of the items.

2.) Then you could adjust the list view to show the "Release" field, and global id - just to make it easier to get a birds-eye-view of how much this field is used for this item-type across all your orgs projects.

One caveat: I am assuming here that you are an Organization Admin (otherwise you would not be able to configure this field in the first place) but, make sure that you have actually given yourself all permissions to see into all projects in your org. Otherwise you might not be able to see all the items you are searching for.

Good luck!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR