Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Migration from QualityCenter ALM to Jama: Who has Experience doing this?

• 1.  Migration from QualityCenter ALM to Jama: Who has Experience doing this?

Posted 09-15-2021 09:12
    Hello,
    We are just starting to explore migrating off of Quality Center to Jama. I am curious as to who has experience doing this and what did they find was the best solution. In theory, we will have many many projects with 1000's of test cases. I am curious if others found something more efficient than just the basic;  export to excel, massage data, import from excel.  We looked at TaskTop, but this middleware solution did not support the above use case.

Did anyone find a middleware solution to automate the migration? Scripts?

Thanks
    Jason

------------------------------
    Jason Barton
    VMS
    Palo Alto CA

• 2.  RE: Migration from QualityCenter ALM to Jama: Who has Experience doing this?

Posted 09-15-2021 14:32
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out! I recommend reaching out to your Account Manager to discuss a Services Engagement with our Professional Services team for this task. 

That being said, I am curious to see whether any other Community members will share their experience with this specific migration.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Migration from QualityCenter ALM to Jama: Who has Experience doing this?

Posted 09-16-2021 10:01

Decoteau,

Thank you for following up. I have reached out to our Account Manager, but I was also curious to hear back from the community what success stories they have migrating from QC/ALM to Jama.

Anyone out there have experience to share?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Barton 
    Digital Health Tools and Operations Excellence Manager

*For engineering applications requests or issues,

submit a ticket via the new Engineering Portal

Varian Medical Systems
    3100 Hansen Way, Palo Alto, CA 94304 US 

jason.barton@varian.com

T +1.650.424.6216 | M +1.415.515.6616
    varian.com

Varian Logo

Varian Confidential

• 4.  RE: Migration from QualityCenter ALM to Jama: Who has Experience doing this?

Posted 09-16-2021 23:48
    Hi Jason,
    the anser may not exaclty be what you are looking for, but I thought to share it with you anyways:
    We migrated from Requisite Pro and Spira to Jama ~10 years ago. To make a long story short: We ended up copy/pasting content from Requisite to Jama and honestly - I don't regret it. The main reasons are:
    It took us ~2 weeks with a handful of people. Automating it and validating the results would have been way more time consuming and risky.
    We took the chance and also refactored elements while transferring them to Jama.

Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG