Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Parent-Child relationships

• 1.  Parent-Child relationships

Posted 04-24-2017 08:21
    Is here a method to display parent-child relationships among requirements? During the Import process using an Excel file, a column representing the parent requirements was highlighted in yellow and sub-item Option was chosen. In JAMA, this parent-child relationship is seen using "Heading" numbers (toggle on/off) and via Coverage Explorer. Is there a feature that depicts this relationship having the text "parent" and "child" in the exported data?

------------------------------
    John

• 2.  RE: Parent-Child relationships

Posted 04-24-2017 16:24
    Hi John,
    I'm going to have to reach out to some colleagues on this one. I will report back as soon as I can.

Dana Medhaug
    Business Support Engineer
    Jama

• 3.  RE: Parent-Child relationships

Posted 05-08-2017 12:10
    Hi John,

Sorry for the late response here. There isn't a way to indicate child/parent association via a default export-the most you can see, as you mentioned, is headings, and with the import process, this is really only useful as a means of display hierarchy. It is preferable to use Relationships for these sorts of associations (e.g. child=downstream) because that information can be much more readily displayed via default exports.

It might be possible to export your parent/child hierarchy as is via a custom Velocity report, however it doesn't look like any of our sample reports show how to do this.

Kristina King
    Jama Software