Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama 8.62.2 - Trace Matrix ignores the configured access permission on the content.

• 1.  Jama 8.62.2 - Trace Matrix ignores the configured access permission on the content.

Posted 08-18-2021 03:57
    Hi,
    I have encountered an issue in 8.62.2 with Trace Matrix feature. Please help me to verify, if this is a bug generally in 8.62.2 or a specific issue only on my instance. Thanks

Description:

Trace Matrix does not consider the configured access permission on the content.

Preconditions:

The access permission of a user is configured to be limited on selected items. 

Steps to reproduce:

User Demo(Lien) USER hat Permissions to view 3 items with the type: Test Cases (Pruefspezifikationen)

The user calls the function Trace Matrix to view the traceability between type "System requirement (Systemanforderungen)" and "Test Cases (Pruefspezifikationen)"
    As we can see, in Trace Matrix, for the type "Test Cases (Pruefspezifikationen)", Jama shows the user more than 100 items, although the user has actually only the permission right to access 3 items (according to the filter result).

Actual behavior:

Trace Matrix does not honour the configured access permission on the content. 

The User can see all the items with selected item types regardless having or not the access permission right on the items.

Expected behavior:

In Trace Matrix,  Demo(Lien) USER shall only see 3 items with the type  "Test Cases (Pruefspezifikationen)", to which she has the access permission.

Found in: 

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Jama 8.62.2 - Trace Matrix ignores the configured access permission on the content.

Posted 08-18-2021 16:24

Hi Lien,

Thank you for reaching out!  I'd like to move this conversation to a direct Support ticket as I may need to gather additional information about your environment. 

Please note, I am opening that ticket myself and will reach to you there shortly. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR