Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

• 1.  Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-13-2021 01:39
    Hi Guys,
    I wanted to active both the approval and the peer review template (Jama 8.62.0 and 8.62.2) and I thought that regardless of the settings in the admin panel, the moderator can set/deselect each desired setting when creating the review.
    But it seems, that e.g. "public review" cannot be activated/the checkbox is not visible in the wizard:
    Admin settings:

Peer review wizard:

Only when I activate the settings in the admin panel they become visible (but unfortunately pre-selected) in the wizard:

Long story short:
    Please give me the possibility to have all the settings AVAILABLE in the peer-review template, but not already selected.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

------------------------------
    Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 2.  RE: Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-13-2021 16:45

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for reaching out! I can verify this behavior as well. If "Reviews can be public" is selected under Admin > Review center > Permission settings then that option is auto-selected while creating a Review. 

However, I am not seeing the issue with "Enable time tracking" being auto-selected under Optional settings. 

Here is a copy of my Review Center settings for Peer Reviews. Can you confirm whether this matches up with yours?

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-15-2021 22:33

Hi Decoteau,
    I can confirm that the Optional settings are always visible in the review wizard.

But the "permission settings" are only visible (and preselected) if the admin set them in the review center of the admin panel.

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 4.  RE: Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-16-2021 15:13
    Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for that update! Please note, we have tested this scenario in present and past versions of Jama and confirm that this is not new behavior. Those pre-selected boxes in the Review Wizard will be auto-selected if they're enabled in Admin > Review Center. This is not considered a defect.

We recommend filing an Ideation card regarding this to share your feedback with our Product team.

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 5.  RE: Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-16-2021 22:14
    Hi Decoteau,
    thank you for your reply.
    Can you explain me, why it is "not a bug, but a feature", that e.g. "Review can be public" HAS to be selected in the review-center on the admin page to be available (and PRESELECTED), but time tracking is not?
    For me, this is absolutely not explainable and the good thought with peer-review template is negated by having to pre-select them in order to clear the settings.
    Cheers

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 6.  RE: Peer review wizard does not show all possible settings

Posted 08-18-2021 16:47

Hi Sebastian,

To further explain why this is not a defect but rather intentional behavior, I reached out to our Product team for additional insight on this feature.

They confirmed that this was existing behavior prior to adding the Approval/Peer Review templates feature. We provided all the settings to show in Admin so the Org Admin can set pre-defined fields. That is why signature and optional settings can still be seen in the Wizard without selecting them prior to Admin.

Your feedback about this feature is helpful for our team and I've made sure to share it.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR