Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Test Cases tab in Test Plans

• 1.  Test Cases tab in Test Plans

Posted 06-01-2020 12:15
    Following upgrades that Jama has done, when I add test cases to a test plan, the section with text: Drag Test Cases Here to automatically create Test Groups by Hierarchy keeps getting larger and larger. Finally, this section fills my whole screen, and I am unable to see my selected test cases. An awful workaround is to take my screen to 75%, and then I have a single line showing at the bottom, and I can scroll through the test cases one by one. This test plan only has 175 test cases, while another has over 2500. This did not previously happen.

The way our folders are organized, if I pull in a complete folder, I need to remove a couple of test cases as they don't match the customer's configuration, i.e., Email reference is enabled, Email reference is disabled. Obviously, I don't need both tests. Because of this defect, I cannot collapse folders, remove the needed test cases. I ended up having to drag individual test cases into the test plan because I could no longer easily find them to remove them.

------------------------------
    Cynthia Weber
    Business Systems Analyst Lead
    ProQuest LLC
    Ann Arbor, MI

• 2.  RE: Test Cases tab in Test Plans

Posted 06-03-2020 10:36
    Cynthia:

Would it be possible for some screenshots here, or video of what you are seeing. If not, for security reasons, could you make a ticket with our Support team? I feel like we need a visual of the behavior you are seeing, in order to best help.

Let me know how I can assist,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Test Cases tab in Test Plans

Posted 06-04-2020 05:34
    @Chloe and Cynthia,
    I am quite sure that we reported this behaviour already a couple of years ago. It happens when your browser or operating system zoom is not set to 100%, which Jama requires.
    There are other glitches that happen as well (like a misaligned traceability view).
    I will check if I can find the support request in my requests...

Anna​​

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 4.  RE: Test Cases tab in Test Plans

Posted 06-04-2020 06:32
    Anna, thanks so much. That is exactly the problem.

Cynthia

Cynthia Weber
    Business Systems Analyst Lead
    ProQuest LLC
    Ann Arbor, MI

• 5.  RE: Test Cases tab in Test Plans

Posted 06-04-2020 07:26
    Anna:

Yes, thank you for chiming in! We are only supported at 100% zoom per Supported Software document.

Check your profile, I have awarded you the new Collaborator badge! 

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR