Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Start Test Run button missing until refreshed several times

• 1.  Start Test Run button missing until refreshed several times

Posted 06-12-2017 13:52
    Edited by Heather 06-12-2017 13:59
    Hello, not sure if this has been reported before but I'm unable to find discussion of it. I have a user who, when clicking on the button to execute a test run gets the pop-up screen to start the run, but the "Start a Run" button is missing.  He closes and reopens several times and then it will finally show up.  Any ideas what could be causing this?

When first going in:
    kkZVZ4mtSam21xoAdVKK_Before.PNG
    After several times closing and reopening window:
    ZLEUFDDQp6quxcCPRZDw_AFter.PNG

------------------------------
    Heather Smith

• 2.  RE: Start Test Run button missing until refreshed several times

Posted 06-12-2017 15:22

Hi Heather,
    I didn't find any known defects that fit this behavior, so something new is afoot. Before we leap into troubleshooting or bug identifying mode, could you check if this user has zoom enabled on the browser? That can cause display issues.
    Once you've confirmed the browser zoom is set to 100%, there are some things I am curious about:
    -what browser is the user accessing Jama on?
    -does this issue occur on other browsers as well?
    -are any errors being thrown in the browser console? (In Chrome, you can find this via View > Developer > Javascript console; open this up and attempt to run a test and see what happens. There will likely be many yellow warnings, but we're looking for red errors.)

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Start Test Run button missing until refreshed several times

Posted 06-13-2017 15:35
    Hi Kristina, This user uses Chrome and has his browser set to 90%.  I asked him to do what you suggested to test things out and here are the findings:
    • Stayed with Chrome as browser and again ran into issues when zoom was set to 90%.
    • Message on the browser console:
      • perspective.req:34 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
    • Interestingly, when the window was resized to permit view of the console, the start button appeared. Tried this half a dozen times and it worked each time.
    • Then set zoom to 100% and didn't have any issue with the start run button displaying.
    • Also tested it in IE 11 and didn't experience any issues, so it seems to be localized to Chrome when the zoom is different than 100%.
    I will make sure users here are aware of the need to stay at 100% in Chrome - not a big issue now that we know what is causing it.  Do you know if this is on a list to look into, or will it be maintained as a requirement for user experience purposes?
    Thank you!

Heather Smith

• 4.  RE: Start Test Run button missing until refreshed several times

Posted 06-14-2017 12:36
    @Heather thank you for tracking that down and sharing the error. I have filed an "Unreproducible defect" (SOS-DEF-1949) for tracking purposes, because I haven't been able to reproduce it on Chrome. However, it means we'll still have it tracked as a known issue for usability.

We don't support using browsers at anything other than 100%, so advising users to keep at that zoom level is perfect. For accessibility reasons it seems supporting zoom at % other than 100 is important, but we're not there yet.

Kristina King
    Jama Software