Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Duplicated Test Cycle names in the Dropdown

• 1.  Duplicated Test Cycle names in the Dropdown

Posted 04-03-2017 01:15
    Hi Kristina,

in the Release Notes it says the bug SOS-DEF-624/SOS-BUG-680: Test Cycle dropdown shows inactive and/or deleted Test Cycles was fixed. I do not know the exact steps to reproduce. But we had another bug SOS-DEF-1631, which seems to be similar from the description, but at the time of discovering the bug it was told to us, that these are not the same bugs.

So I think the SOS-DEF-1631 is not reproducible in the 8.14, however it is not in the Release Notes for 8.14 fixed bugs. So do you have more precise information if it was solved together with the SOS-DEF-624 or does it still exist?

Thanks for helping out with this.

Regards,
    Ekaterina

• 2.  RE: Duplicated Test Cycle names in the Dropdown

Posted 04-04-2017 13:23
    Hi Ekaterina,

These are two different bugs but they are very similar, so I agree with you that resolving one may resolve the other. SOS-DEF-1631 is currently still "ready for development" (meaning our engineering team hasn't touched it), but it was noted  previously that it couldn't be reproduced in 8.12. I wasn't able to reproduce it in 8.14, either.

I am following up with the team to see if they can confirm the fix for 624 fixed 1631.

------------------------------
    Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Duplicated Test Cycle names in the Dropdown

Posted 04-04-2017 23:33
    Hi Kristina,

thank you. One more similar request, SOS-DEF-1557 seems to not be reproducible in 8.14 either. Due to this bug we were not recommended to edit from within the review center in 8.10. As far as I could test it, the edit feature is stabilized in 8.14. There were many related fixes for the front end in review center in the newest release, so I assume this was fixed too. But without a formal confirmation of the bug fix we can not start using the edit feature again. So it would be great if you could confirm this as well.

Best regards,
    Ekaterina

• 4.  RE: Duplicated Test Cycle names in the Dropdown

Posted 04-05-2017 12:54
    Ekaterina, thanks for sending me down the rabbit hole on this one. It looks like SOS-DEF-1557 was deemed to be a duplicate of SOS-DEF-1528, so 1557 was dropped. 1528 was fixed in 8.14 but was not related to the release build until after the release notes were finalized, so it was missed. I just added them to the release notes. Hopefully that works for you, and sorry that this wasn't tracked properly.

Kristina King
    Jama Software