Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Test Cases Module structure

• 1.  Test Cases Module structure

Posted 06-06-2018 06:44
    Hi!

I have a naive query, would like to have your response.  We have a heirachical test cases structure/procedure. We have headings, subheadings in our verification module and respective Test Case items under these sections..  And these headings/sub-level headings are also Testcase items but without Descriptions and Step Actions.
    Now these headings/sublevel headings account for the total number of testcases count metrices for that specific module in JAMA or for the total count for passed/failed. How do we avoid these count mismatch?

And the second query, since only the actual testcases under the headings/subheadings are related to Requirements. So when we reuse these Requirements to another Application along with Testcases downstream, we dont get testcases Headings reused obvisously because its not linked to any requirement. So would like to know how to avoid these scenarious to get the same hierarchical structure.

Example -  Test case Heading or Sub level heading in our module would be like :--  Positive response tests, Negative Response tests, In Range tests, Initial test Conditions  so..on.,  and these are not linked to any Requirements, only the actual testcase items under it are related to Requirments.

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated!.Thanks

------------------------------
    Dhinu P
    Bose Automotive
    Germany

• 2.  RE: Test Cases Module structure

Posted 06-11-2018 10:30
    Hello Dhinu,
    Would it be possible for you to create a support ticket so you can explain/show me what it is that you are trying to achieve here over a screen-share?

Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Test Cases Module structure

Posted 06-13-2018 02:25
    Thank you Dana..  I will request our JAMA admin to create a support Ticket to get you more informations on this regards and to share our screen.

Thanks!

Dhinu P
    Bose Automotive
    Germany