Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to compare two projects?

• 1.  Is it possible to compare two projects?

Posted 07-03-2018 10:47
    Edited by Bob Hunt 07-05-2018 06:24
    We are using the Reuse capability to define future derivatives of our project (i.e. We are finishing up Release 3 and beginning to work on Release 4).
    The projects are sync'd (until specific specifications diverge which break's the sync). When we complete Release 4 I want to be able to see the differences between the new versions.

My understanding is that comparing Baselines only work within a single Project context.

How am I able to evaluate differences between two projects?

I know that I can get partially there by from Projects --> Sync Items but this only provides a 'view' of the differences. I need to be able to export the information.
    ------------------------------
    Bob Hunt

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to compare two projects?

Posted 07-05-2018 15:01
    Hi Bob!

I think you are right, baselines are for within a project.

It is possible to compare your synced items across projects. Our synchronization feature connects items across one or more projects using a global ID so that changes to one item will be made to the other. Synchronized items are only visible to user with read permissions to both items. If you are wanting to make edits, sync, reuse or duplicate your will need write permissions. A System Administrator would have to give you permissions across at an organizational level.

With the right permissions you should be able to Compare Synchronized Items.

I linked a couple of sources from our new User Guide, I hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to compare two projects?

Posted 07-06-2018 10:32
    Bob:

I see I left part of your question unanswered, let me remedy that now. We do have report templates our Professional Services team have made available here called: BIRT and Velocity Reports 

If you have a self-hosted (on-prem) version of Jama you can manually download these reports. If you have a cloud (hosted) version of Jama, you will need to submit a request we upload one of these offered reports "as-is" for you.

If you find that none of the provided reports will work for you, please reach out to your Jama Account Manager to connect you to having one of our professional consultants build a custom report from scratch tailored to your particular needs.

I looked through the provided reports and think that you should look at "The Sync Status Report", here is the link to the GitHub Repo

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer