Support

Expand all | Collapse all

8.49.0 Export the content of Links Widget to Excel

• 1.  8.49.0 Export the content of Links Widget to Excel

Posted 06-28-2021 03:50
    Edited by Lien 06-28-2021 04:02
    Hi,

To get Links Widget "exported" to Excel, I'm thinking about using velocity function $documentSource.
    getDocumentURLs​(Integer documentId)

Just want to check if I've missed something out: is there a possibility to get Links exported directly with the stand Export top Excel ?

Thanks much in advanced!

Lien

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: 8.49.0 Export the content of Links Widget to Excel

Posted 06-28-2021 13:31
    Hi Lien,

Thanks for reaching out! I have been testing to see if I can export Links to Excel (and Word) but haven't been successful.  "Links" is not a configurable field for either List or Reading Views (though # of Links is an option) so I couldn't export the information that way and the Single Item View didn't export that widget (even when I tried that All Item Details report.)

I checked with our Reports writer about your Velocity call and it sounds like that should work. Have you had a chance to try it yet? I would curious to know if it works for you. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: 8.49.0 Export the content of Links Widget to Excel

Posted 06-28-2021 23:26

Hi Decoteau,

i have written a small context sensitive velocity report. So we could "export" the links and other content as wanted. The disadvantage of this way is user could not quickly select the relevant fields and get the data quickly exported.

#set ($URLs = $documentSource.getDocumentURLs($doc.id))

#foreach ($l in $URLs)

<a href="$l.getUrl()">$l.getUrl()</a></br>

#end

How about in 8.62? In 8.62, Links could be shown in List View, is that correct? Can Links also be exported from there?

Cheers,

Lien

• 4.  RE: 8.49.0 Export the content of Links Widget to Excel

Posted 06-29-2021 15:53
    Edited by Decoteau 06-29-2021 15:57
    Hi Lien,

Thank you for the additional context. It sounds like your report is similiar in how this field exports in List and Reading Views.

As of 8.62, Jama does not offer the option to display the actual links/contents of the Links widget in either List or Reading View. It does allow you to display the # of Links (meaning it will show how many links there are, but not the links themselves.) Example:

Once you have that field selected, you can click on any of the numbers to see a preview of the content of that links field. Example: 

However, that preview does not translate to the actual export, which will just show the number of links (not the contents) in an item.

It sounds like pursuing a custom report to present this information is still your best bet. I am curious to see if any other users have been able to export the actual content of the links widget (and if so, how they did it.)

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR