Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Non-integrated projects not synching

• 1.  Non-integrated projects not synching

Posted 08-24-2017 11:48
    Hi,

I have some projects in Jama connected to their counterparts in Team Foundation Server (using JIH), but MOST of my Jama projects are NOT integrated with TFS in any way. When I reuse items from one non-integrated project to another non-integrated project, I get the following error: "1 item has a sync workflow field. Workflow fields cannot be updated through sync." - I'm not attempting to synch to TFS -- these projects are not connected to TFS. I'm only trying to synch the main project back down to the working project. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks for your help,
    Nicki

------------------------------
    Nicki Repici
    ZOLL
    Pittsburgh PA

• 2.  RE: Non-integrated projects not synching

Posted 08-24-2017 12:10
    Hi Nicki,

Without knowing what admin settings your organization has established, I'm taking a guess here. This doesn't sound like a JIH problem. 

Reuse and syncing won't be able to update a field if it is tied to a Workflow. To check on this, go to Admin > Workflow > Enable workflow for this organization and see if a) workflow is enabled and b) the item type you're trying to sync has a workflow established and what field it is set up on.

To not see this error, you'll need to toggle the Synchronize checkbox of the fields that reflect the Workflow status to off. You can find that field in Admin > Item Type > Config. Then select the Workflow field (usually Status unless it was changed) and toggle off Synchronize. This will disable the field from triggering Out of Sync if the status is changed on one end of the sync.

You can also turn Workflow off temporarily by going to Admin > Workflow > Enable workflow for this organization before resyncing the projects.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Non-integrated projects not synching

Posted 08-25-2017 06:31
    Thank you for the reply. Disabling synch on the item type attribute worked, but disabling workflow did not work. This is an okay workaround, but in our process we need to synch back up to a main project any status changes that took place on a working project; status happens to be attribute that our workflow is based on. The risk we run now is that working and main projects can be out of synch on an status field--individuals are now responsible for ensuring the status aligns on every project using those items. Are there any plans to make fields with workflow synchable in the future?

Nicki Repici
    ZOLL
    Pittsburgh PA

• 4.  RE: Non-integrated projects not synching

Posted 09-11-2017 12:10
    Nicki, sorry for the delay on this one. I was waiting to receive word from my Product team if there was anything planned. They have let me know that there is nothing currently in the works for making the workflow fields syncable.

Kristina King
    Jama Software