Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Test Runs do not offer a way to retrieve the Test Case Version

• 1.  Test Runs do not offer a way to retrieve the Test Case Version

Posted 25 days ago
    Hello,
    We have a big compliance issue with Jama when it comes to submitting regulatory evidence for test execution results.
    More specifically we need to report the Version of the Test Case used from a Test Run (as well as the Test Case Name & ID which are OK).

Its very surprising too, since the Test Run widget called "Test Cases" displays all Test Case Info (including the Version & the Current Version) in the Jama UI. So the information is there, its just not possible to export it in any shape or form.

Can this be fixed? Does Jama plan on implementing such a small addition?

Best regards

Dimi

------------------------------
    dimi

• 2.  RE: Test Runs do not offer a way to retrieve the Test Case Version

Posted 25 days ago
    Hi Dimi,

Thanks for reaching out! There isn't an existing report that would Test Case Versions in this way. However, I think you could access this information via a Custom Report. Your Account Manager can assist you with a Services Engagement to further discuss.

In the meantime, BIRT and Velocity Reports Created by Our Consulting Teams - Available for your Jama Instances may help you understand your reporting options. Included in that article is a link to our Community Reports. There are some Test Center reports that you may find helpful, though you'd still need to customize a report to get the Versions you're looking for.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Test Runs do not offer a way to retrieve the Test Case Version

Posted 25 days ago
    Hi Decoteau,
    Thank you for your reply.
    However I am puzzled: Does Jama plan on offering access to that info via a non-custom report? And if so, what is the timeline?
    (i.e by adding a field to the Test Run, offering that field through the API?)

Best regards
    Dimitrios

dimi

• 4.  RE: Test Runs do not offer a way to retrieve the Test Case Version

Posted 24 days ago

Hi Dimi,

Jama does not currently have this report available as a non-custom report. However, I received an update today that we're planning on refreshing our Community Reports in the future.

I shared this thread with that reporting for context in the hopes that Version information may be included in that refresh, specifically in these existing Community reports - "Test Results Report - Grouped by Test Cast" and "Grouped by Test Cycle" - both come very close to your ask but neither include the Test Case's Version number. 

Those refreshed reports will appear in our Github repository (review this article for that link: BIRT and Velocity Reports created by our Consulting Team) when they're uploaded.

I cannot guarantee that those Community Reports will have the exact information you're seeking. To ensure you are able to export exactly what you required, I would recommend reaching out to your Account Manager to discuss a Custom Report.

Next - you'd asked about updating a custom field via the API. However, there is no endpoint in the Test Center to do this.

You could still add a custom field in your Test Run but it'd have to be updated manually with the Test Case Version information you want to see exported. There isn't a way to auto-fill-sync a custom field from Test Case to Test Run.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR