Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Project-level Workflows Not Working?

• 1.  Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 09-10-2020 23:54
    Hi I am unable to use the Project-level Workflows; they are all greyed out. I am an Admin for Jama. Is this a known issue?
    This setting has always been on, see screenshot.
    Here's a screenshot of the Project-level Workflow for one of the item-types I need to configure:

What is the issue? Did I miss something?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Devang Sanghrajka

• 2.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 09-11-2020 00:00
    This issue is there across all Projects for all Item-types. I hope Jama is aware of this issue?

Devang Sanghrajka

• 3.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 09-11-2020 16:57

Hello Devang,

Thank you for reaching out about this. It looks like the behavior you are reporting is a bug - SOS-DEF-4998 - in which workflow override options are unavailable.

The workaround for this bug is to request that we roll back a new feature that was enabled for select customers in 8.54. See the "Coming Soon" section here: Jama Connect 8.54 Cloud Release Notes for more information.

Please note, this issue will be fixed for 8.55 (and in that release, this new feature will be enabled for all users.) You may check future release notes for this ID.

Please reach out with any questions.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 4.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 09-14-2020 00:12
    Hi Decoteau,

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it. I have some concerns with the approach Jama has towards issues/bugs in-general:
    1. Why do I/we/any company need to file a support ticket or post a thread like this to find out that there is a new bug that emerged after an update/release?
      1. Can Jama Software please improve their customer service by informing customers immediately about such issues/bugs (as soon as you learn about it)?
      2. It is imperative that your customer service processes be improved for such scenarios.
    2. Jama Software is NOT thinking NOR doing any sort of testing/experiments and just responding with a bug number, and saying "Check future Release Notes" for the Bug ID does NOT help in any way!
      1. The issue above is related to a Project-level Workflow not working. Did anyone even think about telling me that I should "Remove Override" of a Project-level Workflow and use the "Organization-level Workflow" to achieve what I wanted?
      2. I had to experiment and figure out the above workaround and NOT wait for Jama Software to fix the bug. It saved me and our users a lot of frustration and waiting time.
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Devang

Devang Sanghrajka

• 5.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-23-2021 03:04
    Hi all,
    I tried to set up an override of the workflow in my project and it seems that SOS-DEF-4998 is not fixed- can you please confirm?
    We use Jama Version 8.62.2
    Rejected not visible in status widget:
    Cheers,

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 6.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-23-2021 08:00
    Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out about this. SOS-DEF-4998 was an issue where a UI update hid the override options and it impacted a small subset of customers. It was no longer present as of 8.55.

Was your workflow setting recently updated? If so, have you logged out and back into a new session? Are you seeing any error messages, such as "Workflow comparing items error"?

Finally, can you run a Reindex on that Project to see if it helps? 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 7.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-26-2021 03:15
    Edited by Alessandro 07-26-2021 05:33
    Hi all,

it could be related to SOS-DEF-5460 (see ticket at Jama Support 59586).
    I am going to check this internally with Sebastian.

Decoteau,
    do you have news on SOS-DEF-5460?
    Additional information, we do not use each possible transition in the workflow. (found a workflow in which all transitions get used)

Best regards,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 8.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-27-2021 02:31

Hi Decoteau,
    thank you for the suggestion, but neither re-indexing nor clean-up helped.

Let me explain a bit more detailed what I want to do and what I observed:
    1. In the organization settings for an item's workflow status, e.g a transition from "Draft" to "In Review" is possible. From "In Review" you can transition to "Approved" and back to "Draft" (in numbers 1 to 3 to 4)
    2. In my project, I want to overwrite these settings and give the user the possibility to go from Draft to Ready for Review (and back) before advancing to In Review (in numbers 1 to 2 to 3 to 4)
    3. After setting the overwrite settings, existing items still not provide the transitions.
    Interestingly, items that I created after the overwrite settings CAN be transitioned.

Thus I expect this to be a bug and perhaps you could try to reproduce?
    Thank you for your help.

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 9.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-26-2021 05:35
    it seems to be a different Use Case and maybe a different defect.
    Sebastian is going to describe it more in detail.

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 10.  RE: Project-level Workflows Not Working?

Posted 07-27-2021 16:10
    Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for this additional context. Based on your feedback, it looks like you're experiencing the following defect:

SOS-DEF-5314: Workflow transition new state option drop down is not displayed in single item view after changing workflow setting for an item type from Project admin page 
    WORKAROUND: Create new item after change workflow transition settings

Alessandro, after reviewing SOS-DEF-5460, our defect team deemed that it's the same issue as what's noted in SOS-DEF-5314. The two defects have essentially been merged/related and we will refer to SOS-DEF-5314 while working to fix the issue. I wanted to share that so you can look for 5314 in the fixed issue section of upcoming Release Notes.

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR