Support

Expand all | Collapse all

InboundJaxrsResponse - 400 Bad Request

• 1.  InboundJaxrsResponse - 400 Bad Request

Posted 8 days ago
    Edited by Marshall Richard 5 days ago
    I have one user who is experiencing some weird behavior.  This User logs in to Jama, go to the Project Test Plans, selects a active test plan and then clicks on the Test Run tab.  Normally this would return the list of all the test runs for that cycle and Test plan but instead the browser returns the attached error message.

Error Message Bad Request
    The user is located out of the country (on the other side of the globe) so i can't walk or drive out to the Users location and sit down to look over the browser setting.  The error doesn't show up in the log viewer so no help there.  Is there another log or can i up the logging level of one of the logs to capture this information?

Does anyone have suggestion on how to pin point the users issue?

Jama Connect 8.25.5 (Self Hosted) Production

------------------------------
    Marshall Richard
    Louisiana Office of Technology Services
    Baton Rouge LA

• 2.  RE: InboundJaxrsResponse - 400 Bad Request

Posted 5 days ago
    Marshall:

Two things initially pop to mind:

Considering how this user is located remotely, I am wondering if they might be able to provide you a video screen capture (screencast or Zoom recording) of the process leading up to the behavior? Sounds like having some visibility here would be helpful for your troubleshooting process.

Also, I am wondering if this user has all the permissions needed to view all the items associated with the Test Center?

Marshall, your thoughts?

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: InboundJaxrsResponse - 400 Bad Request

Posted 5 days ago
    The User did provide a video to show the issue.  It shows the events in this order;
    1. The User logs into Jama
    2. The User clicks on the Project with the issue in the Recently Viewed list
    3. The User clicks Test Plans tabs
    3. The User clicks on one of the test plans in the list.
    4.  They User clicks on the Test Runs tab in the upper right corner and the error message pops up within 5 seconds.

The error message only appears when the User tries to access the Test Runs for any Test Plan for that Project.  They have a Collaborator license and have read access to the project.
    The User is using Chrome for the Browser but is in Incognito mode.  I asked for try accessing the test runs when not in incognito mode but they have reported getting the same error message.

Marshall Richard
    Louisiana Office of Technology Services
    Baton Rouge LA

• 4.  RE: InboundJaxrsResponse - 400 Bad Request

Posted 5 days ago
    Marshall:

Sounds like this issue is currently effecting this one user only? If so, I would try:

1. Disable the current user experiencing this problem.
    2. Create a new user for this person with the exact same permissions (they would need to re-subscribe to any subscriptions)
    3. I would also advise a full reindex after creating the new user.

Marshall, try this and let me know if it helps your user.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR