Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to filter by release field in embedded filter

• 1.  How to filter by release field in embedded filter

Posted 06-30-2021 04:21
    Hi,
    Is there a way to filter items in embedded filter by release field?

What I want to achieve is to filter one set of items that contain links to the particular item type with given release value. To filter linked items of particular item type embedded filter is used, however all item fields are possible to use as a filter except release.

Is there a way to achieve this kind of filtering?

------------------------------
    Vinko Šurija
    Rimac Automobili

• 2.  RE: How to filter by release field in embedded filter

Posted 06-30-2021 16:41

Hi Vinko,

Thanks for reaching out! Embedded filters are based on fields. Since "Release" isn't a field, it cannot be used to create an embedded filter.

However, as a workaround, you can search
    for releases among projects by searching for Keywords that contain "release:releasename" Example below: 

So you can add a Keyword search for the release in addition to your set of items. If needed, you could also apply additional conditional statements: How to Use Conditional Statements in Advanced Filters

Let me know if that helps!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: How to filter by release field in embedded filter

Posted 07-12-2021 05:51
    Hi Decoteau,

Thank you for your answer. This workaround works to solve this problem, but I see that many item types in embedded filter have missing fields that can be searched/filtered against. I presume that they can be searched using similar workaround.

My question is if there is some way to list all keywords and their values (for example using REST-API) or something?
    If needed I can go into details what would I like to extract, but maybe generic answer could help me.

Best reagards

Vinko Šurija
    Rimac Automobili