Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Release View not showing Unassigned

• 1.  Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 03-17-2017 17:13
    When I open the release view for any project, I do not have the Unassigned Node.  Is there a setting I am missing in order to show Unassigned items?

Release View

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tigger
    Crescent Systems, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 03-18-2017 14:29
    Hi Tigger,

I am sorry for your troubles. You have encountered a strange issue that I have duplicated but cannot fix. When I create a new project, a release "unassigned" value is automatically created. I can manually delete this value but have no way to create a default unassigned value without a date and with all items automatically be put in the release. I don't see a way for a user, a project admin, or an org admin to fix that. 

Perhaps Jama can help you. I figure after spending 30 minutes poring thru all the user notes and by exploring in Jama at my company's own Jama 8.4.1 server, it's time to give up :-)

Good luck.

swoo

swoo Woo
    Oakland CA

• 3.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 03-20-2017 13:10
    Hi Tigger,

There are a couple things at work here. The first is what Swoo mentions—there is no way to create an Unassigned release that doesn't create a date. All user-created releases must have dates; only the Unassigned release included with new projects will be date-less.

So how did you get into this state, lacking an Unassigned release? If this project was created new, someone must have deleted the release. What I think is likely is that this project in question is a duplicate of another project; there is a defect, SOS-DEF-665, where projects that are created via duplication do not include the Unassigned release. There is no way to work around this now, though. 

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 4.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 03-20-2017 13:37
    I don't know exactly how this occurred, but duplicating projects is definitely a possibility.  We started using Jama in October and are still learning and figuring out how to use it probably.

I did figure out a workaround.  You create a new project (Unassigned will be there), then MOVE everything to the new project.  You will have to assign all the items to the Unassigned release, but it seems to work after that.

Thanks for all your help!

Tigger
    Crescent Systems, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 06-16-2017 14:29
    Hey Kristina,

I too have just come across this, a user says he want's to be able to remove an item from a release.
    I did some digging and found out that it would have to be in the unassigned release, but we dont have this release because we are duplicating projects from "templates".

I was wondering, do you have a suggestion for a better way to duplicate projects without recreating the entire project structure over again?

I appreciate your insight....
    -Luigi

Luigi LastName
    Bose Corporation

• 6.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 06-16-2017 14:47
    Hi Luigi,

Duplicating template projects is absolutely the best way to do things, so no, I don't have a better suggestion. The problem is SOS-DEF-665...we really need to fix it.

So the workaround would be to create a new release in these copied projects, such as Undefined, Unassigned, etc. The problem is that you would have to define a date for the release. How much the date that shows up next to a release is up to you. You can put any date in the field; you can do 01/01/1900 if you want this Unassigned field to show at the top of the list, or a date 100 years in the future if you want it at the bottom.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Release View not showing Unassigned

Posted 02-28-2018 15:54
    Hi

Following this thread that has now gone stale.

We have this same issue with our implementation. We have found that you can batch update the items you want to move out of a release and replace the release value with - by using the batch update function.

That said, has progress been made on the Jama side with respect to fixing the defect identified which removes the unassigned related from template copied projects?

If progress hasn't here's a +1 for your prioritization queue.

Thanks

Blane Boynton
    Gogo
    Chicago IL
    312-517-5403