Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama Admin can't change a restricted project

• 1.  Jama Admin can't change a restricted project

Posted 02-04-2020 08:40
    Hello Jama Friends!

I'm an admin for our deployment of Jama 8.14.15, soon to be upgraded to 8.42.1!

There is a project that we have set up with restricted permissions. This project predates my time as an admin, and I am unable to add/remove users to the project or change project settings, but the old admin has the ability to change project settings and add/remove users. To my knowledge I can change all other projects, and I am in all the same groups as the previous admin.

Has this been seen before?

Ben

------------------------------
    Ben Sumnicht
    Plexus
    Neenah WI

• 2.  RE: Jama Admin can't change a restricted project

Posted 02-06-2020 10:36
    Hi Ben

A user or user group can be given permissions to an entire instance or project, but if that users individual permissions are not granted for a particular project, it wouldn't matter what tier their permissions were granted on. I'd suggest you or another admin look through the permissions for that project and make sure your name doesn't show up with no ticked permission boxes for the project or containers you're struggling with.

For anyone else curious about permissions, there's a community article <Here> outlining the basics.

Let us know after you review your permission settings, we'll be looking out for your response.

Thanks

Godiva Hunt