Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review center

• 1.  Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 08:36
    ​I am disappointed that the review status workflow does not work.  Manually setting the state of a requirement based on review status is getting a lot of pushback because we have many thousands of requirements that has to be done to.

A possible alternative would be generating a report or using filters to show what items have been approved in a review.  That way I could avoid updating a requirement status field as a requirement moves from ready for review, to in review, to approved.  It would depend how capable the report/filters are of course.

------------------------------
    Art Stone
    Boeing
    714-580-9042

• 2.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 10:35
    Hello Art!

I'm curious by what you mean when you said that the Reviews Workflow wasn't working for you? Is your instance configured to use Project Workflow, because Jama is designed to only allow the usage of either Review Workflow or Project Workflow. They are incompatible to be used with each other at the same time.

Art, it could be that you are already configured to use the Project Workflow and so this is blocking the Review Workflows you set. If so, you can still use this workflow to batch transition your Review status. See: Batch transition in Reviews using Project Workflow.

Does this sound like this could be the case here?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 10:44

Hi Chloe,

How do I delete a workflow?  How do I tell Jama to stop using workflows so I can use all the features of the built in Review?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 11:04
    It is not clear to me how I "configure" the project to work with or without workflow.
    Here's a snapshot of the workflow administration page:

Does being listed mean that they are all "configured?"  How do I "unconfigure" them if I don't want them?  I want to remove the last one in the list, "Level 1 Requirement."  I was experimenting with workflows and now I don't want it.  I don't see a delete option on the workflow.

Art Stone
    Boeing
    714-580-9042

• 5.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 13:31
    Art:

You have to delete these from an Organizational Admin panel. It will delete them for the whole instance of Jama, not just one project within.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 13:55
    Art:

Here is a screenshot of the Admin panel > Workflow > link to delete. Deleting any workflows will delete them for the whole organization, in every project.

Alternatively you can uncheck the "Enable workflow for this organization" which will turn off all project workflows for the whole organization, in every project.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 14:05

Thanks, that worked.  I was trying to do that from the project workflow editor.

• 8.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 14:06
    Art,

After you have unchecked the "Enable workflow for this organization" box and project workflows is no longer active, to make the Review Workflows work in your project (I see you have already configured your Review workflow in the Admin panel, so I will skip that part):

1. Close the Review

2. then Mark Review as finalized.

3. this should trigger your Review Workflow message:

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 9.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 14:46

Hi Chloe,

Ok, I see.  It seems odd that the only review state transition that can cause a change to an item type like a requirement is "Finalized" when that is not any of the review states.  The review states are:

·         In progress

·         Closed

·         Completed

·         Archived

·         Deleted

The requirement states are:

·         Draft – default value

·         Ready for review – I'll probably delete this state

·         Under review

·         Approved

·         Rejected

·         Deferred – I can probably delete this state, but need to confirm

So when I initiate a review on a requirement (review state goes to "In progress") I would like to see the requirement state go from Draft to Under Review.  When the review is finalized I would like to select Approved or Rejected (with Approved the default).  Can I do these or am I just stuck with one transition, Finalized?

Thanks, Art

• 10.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-06-2020 15:22
    Art:

Yes, that is a limitation with using the Review Workflow. Using this also makes the more robust Project Workflows not work. For this reason, most people configure the Project Workflows to change over the item-types they are utilizing in the Reviews. See this link: Batch transition in Reviews using Project Workflows. I believe this will give you more options.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 11.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-07-2020 07:21

Oh, ok.  I thought I couldn't use a Project workflow with the built in Review workflow.  Are you saying I can continue to use the Review workflow and also use a bulk Project workflow?

• 12.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-07-2020 07:37
    Art:

No, you cannot use both workflows. There has to be a decision for all the projects on which workflow you want to utilize. Either the Project Workflow or the Review Workflow. There can only be one.

What I am staying is that you can still batch transition Review status using the Project Workflow only. Essentially:

Project Workflow allows you do all the workflow things.

whereas:

Review Workflow is specific to the Review Center, limits the status' you can use, and limits your project scope (as far as using Workflows to guide item transitions throughout the projects).

Some people want this limitation because they are heavy in the Review Center and want/like/need this to help funnel the scope.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 13.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-07-2020 09:29

Ok.  I find the Review workflow offers more flexibility in several key aspects than a Project workflow.  It is deficient in other areas.  But on the balance it fits the program better.

Is Jama limited to just one workflow per project?  For instance I want to use the Review workflow for reviews and I want another workflow for change requests / change process. 

• 14.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-07-2020 11:20
    Hi Art:

Totally understand, both workflows are powerful and have valuable offerings. It is a hard decision for every administrator because you have to consider future needs (whatever those might be) along with your current needs. Art, you made mention of: change requests and change process, are there any other processes you would need to utilize the Projects Workflow in the future?

At this time, Jama is limited to just one workflow for the whole instance of Jama Connect. The workflow you choose (Project or Review) will affect each and every workflow for every single project. These two workflows are not compatible together. 

Art, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best, 

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 15.  RE: Review center

Posted 02-07-2020 07:27

Oh, ok.  I thought I couldn't use a Project workflow with the built in Review workflow.  Are you saying I can continue to use the Review workflow and also use a bulk Project workflow?