Support

Expand all | Collapse all

need more than 2 item types in trace matrix view

• 1.  need more than 2 item types in trace matrix view

Posted 05-29-2019 16:30
    Need to generate a Product Requirement to Technical requirement to Test Case trace matrix based on Technical Requirements in a test configuration. The trace matrix only shows 2 items in each view,
    Technical Requirement and test case or product requirement and technical requirement.

All 3 across are needed based on the test configuration.

the coverage matix filter does not allow us to get the Product requirements based on a downstream relationship. the filter comes up empty.

------------------------------
    Margot Sevigny-martin
    Rapid Micro Biosystems
    Lowell MA

• 2.  RE: need more than 2 item types in trace matrix view

Posted 05-29-2019 17:05
    Hi Margot:

Have you looked at Traceview? It is not limited by the number of items, the view is defined by the upstream and downstream relationships. You can also export this view into a CSV file to help inform the generation of your Product Requirements. There is also filtering capability so you can really target the particular item-types you need to complete your task.

Another option is to use our Advanced Filters, to filter for downstream relationships. This will populate your UI in a List View. From the List View you can filter as well. But, I think you will like the Traceview because it shows levels of downstream and upstream relationships giving you a great macro to micro point of view. You just need to make sure that your Organizational Administrator gives you permissions to all the downstream and upstream items you need to be able to see within this view.

Margot, I put link's describing these capabilities throughout my post. Take a look and let me know if this will work for you.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR