Support

Expand all | Collapse all

A filter created in a project using All Projects is getting created in all of the Projects.

• 1.  A filter created in a project using All Projects is getting created in all of the Projects.

Posted 07-21-2018 20:15

We have several projects in JAMA. And each project needs to pull in defects from other projects including itself based on a custom field for example Target Project. However, a filter created in one project, using the All Project option is creating the same filter in all other projects. If i make change to it in source project, it's getting updated in other projects. Is this expected behavior? If it is , is there another way to t achieve it.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Sri

Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions (CWS)

• 2.  RE: A filter created in a project using All Projects is getting created in all of the Projects.

Posted 07-23-2018 18:24
    Sri:

So, this is expected behavior if you use the All Projects option. I am assuming that you need all these individual projects to use the same basic functionality filter but, you would like the ability to make "tweaks" to one filter (due to individual user-case needs) without it effecting the others? If this is so, I would go into each of the individual projects, duplicate the "defects" filter and change the scope to "Current Project".

You can duplicate the filter by right-clicking the filter and pulling up the menu like this:

Then change the scope from "All Projects" to "Current Project" or the name of the project. Make "public" so others can see the filter.

Then you can make dynamic project-based changes to your "defects" filer without changing all the rest of the projects in your Explorer Tree.

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer